Whether you plan on wintering in your home or enjoying the sunshine further south, fall is the perfect time to consider your preventative home maintenance plan. Your home is your biggest and most personal investment. This is why Morgan-Keefe includes our Home Care Program as the last step of the home building process. Even if you are not a Morgan-Keefe Home Care Program customer, you can benefit from these tips to get prepared for the winter ahead.
Exterior Home Maintenance
- Take a tour: conduct a visual inspection of your roof, gutters, downspouts, and landscaping.
- Check flashing, fascia boards, gutters, and downspouts for needed repairs.
- Drain, disconnect, and store all hoses securely.
- Trim back bushes, shrubs, and loose limbs.
- Cover, secure, and store outside furniture and portable grills.
- Check for cracks in caulking around windows and doors.
Interior Maintenance Tips
- Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Visually inspect the chimney for blockages and check that the damper is working.
- Check windows and doors for drafts.
- Ensure your furnace has been recently serviced.
In addition to performing these home care tips, fall is also a good time to start planning projects. For homeowners traveling to warmer climates and leaving their homes for the season, fall is the perfect opportunity to tackle any renovation projects such as kitchens, baths, or guest house additions that will be ready and completed when you return.
Whether it is maintenance or renovation, Morgan-Keefe Builders wants to help you make sure your home is in excellent condition and serving all your needs. Let’s talk today and find a solution for you this fall, whatever your project may be!